Saturday, September 12, 2009

Micheal Jordan is a Dick!

What the hell happened to Jordan? He used to be the King of Basketball, now he's the King of Acting Like a Big Jerk! (Zing!)

He's getting inducted into the Hall of Fame, this should be one of the proudest, most satisfying moments of his life, but he's up on stage taking cheap shots at everybody. Pathetic!

Here's a crap bomb he lobbed at former GM Jerry Krause:

"Jerry's not here," he said. "I don't know who'd invite him. I didn't. I hope he understands it goes a long way. He's a very competitive person. I was a very competitive person. He said organizations win championships. I said, 'I didn't see organizations playing with the flu in Utah. I didn't see it playing with a bad ankle.'

Look, dude, we already know how great you were. You don't need this. It's like you think people don't realize your impact on the game. If your basketball abilities were being disparaged, I could see where you might bring up the "Oh, I was playing with the flu, or I was playing on a bad ankle," but this is the night you're being recognized as possibly the greatest player of all time. Totally weak.

...he flew his old high school teammate, Leroy Smith, to Springfield for the induction. Remember, Smith was the upperclassman his coach, Pop Herring, kept on varsity over him as a high school sophomore. He waggled to the old coach, “I wanted to make sure you understood: You made a mistake, dude.”

Wow, insulting the old coach and humiliating a former teammate, what a two-fer!
I can imagine poor Leroy Smith being all excited, "hey, Micheal invited me to the induction ceremony! Wow, I didn't think he'd even remember me!" Then sitting in the audience and hearing that cheap shot. "Oh, he only invited me to point out how much I suck in comparison to him."
Yeah, Mike, you were MVP like what, 5, 6 times? Everyone sucks compared to you. We don't need to be reminded, and Leroy Smith did not need to be singled out for comparison to your awesomeness. And I'm sure Pop Herring had better things to do than fly to Springfield to be insulted.

Jordan remembered scoring around 20 points in a row late in a game to pull out a win, which was followed by a conversation with Bulls assistant Tex Winter.

“Tex reminded me that there’s no ‘I’ in team,” Jordan said. “And I looked back at Tex, I said, ‘There’s ‘I’ in win.’ So whichever way you want it.”

see, that's the sort of thing that you should look back at and cringe, and think, "God, I was such a cocky young punk back then," not trot out as a witty bon mot 30 years later. Look let's let John Stockton show you how to be gracious in triumph:

“I thought they’d figure me out pretty quickly. I thought the Jazz would figure out that they’d made a mistake, so first paycheck I saved every cent,” Stockton said. “I was pretty sure I was a one-year-and-out guy.”

Notice how he didn't take cheap shots at anyone? Neither did David Robinson, Jerry Sloan, or anyone else but you. Micheal Jordan, you're a dick!

And for my money, Oscar Robertson was the greatest player ever.




No comments: