Thursday, March 20, 2014

A question for Canadians

Let me go on record, first, as saying that I love Canada. My wife's family hails from Canada (Montreal and the Sault) and although I've only been there a couple of times I love everything about your wonderful country. That being said, is this considered normal up there?

 

We've started watching a really good Canadian cop show called Durham County (Netflix, check it out). On this show, the cop's younger daughter often sports this weird anime-looking mask. At first we assumed that she was just a weird kid, but then they show her talking to another little girl in a similar mask. And then she has a birthday party and a bunch of little girls are wearing these nightmare-inducing masks. So I have to ask. Is this a thing in Canada? Is this something that is popular with the kids up there? Because if it is, I'm afraid to ever go back there.

2 comments:

Lowell said...

I've got some Canadian friends who post on my photo blogs and I've never seen anything like this. Must be a local phenom. I think you can safely travel to Canada once again! :)

Thanks for your comment on Contextual Criticism!

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

A strange pastime indeed.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.