Saturday, February 1, 2020

Weekend Playlist -- Going Home


Hopefully, at least a few of you have noticed (and mourned) my recent absence from the interwebs.



Champagne Celebrate GIF by NETFLIX

Verrrry funny, Zahid from the best show on Netflix Atypical! Very funny!


This has been due to a couple factors, one is that a couple co-workers quit so I've been working a lot of overtime in their absence, and two, I've been a bit under the weather. So, inspired by the way I've been feeling at work all week, today's playlist features songs about going home or wanting to go home.































6 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

that sux. hopefully you are on the mend.

Professor Chaos said...

Oh I'm fine. thank you. Just a bad cold. Almost all better now.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Wayfaring Stranger" is one of my most favourite old timey spirituals and no one sings it like Emmylou Harris!

Glad you're better now and I hope things have eased up at work too.

The Blog Fodder said...

You were in fact missed. Sorry you were under the weather and glad you are back. You had songs for everyone on this post. Top four for me in order on the page were Simon and Garfunkel (I have every song they ever recorded), Emmylou Harris (the voice of an angel), the Carter Family (thanks for picking one that AP actually sang in) and the Stanley Brothers (I just saved this video yesterday).

brewella deville said...

Did Emmy Lou do a version of Wayfaring Stranger with Linda Ronstadt and Dolly Parton, or did I just dream that?

Anyway, a nice big bowl of spicy noodle soup, some ibuprofen, and clean sheets should restore your soul.

Professor Chaos said...

Brewella -- I know she recorded at least one album with Ronstadt and Parton, so maybe. I'll look it up.