1. Imagine putting in all the time, effort, and expense it must have taken to create this album cover:
And then to have this:
be remembered for all time as your "iconic cover art."
What'd that take, like 10 minutes and a pack of Magic Markers?
2. Speaking of Pink Floyd, why in the song "mother," does Roger Waters ask "mother, should I run for President?" when he's an Englishman. They don't even have a president. They have a Prime Minister, and for some inexplicable reason they still have a queen, but no president. I mean, I could see where you can't say "Mother should I run for Prime Minister?" becasue it doesn't really fit and doesn't rhyme with the next line "Mother, should I trust the government?" but you know what does fit and does rhyme? "Mother should I run for Parliament?" Why not say Parliament? It makes no sense.
3. Why is the first line of "Easy Like Sunday Morning" I know it sounds funny, but I just can't stand the pain?
Who is this song intended for? What kind of person would hear someone tell them "I just can't stand the pain" and find that funny? "You can't stand the pain? Ahahahaha!! Oh, that's hilarious!" You'd have to be a psycho.
4. I keep hearing this song called "Rude."
Never by choice., but they play it ove the intercom speakers at work sometimes.
I embedded the video if you want to listen to it, but don't. You'll hate it.
First of all, it's just a really annoying song. It has that faux-Caribbean rhythm that you normally only hear in the cocktail lounge of an all-inclusive resort, and basically it's just a dumb song. But what gets me is the chorus:
Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life? say yes, say yes
Cause I need to know
You say I'll never get your blessing till the day I die
Tough luck my friend but the answer is no!
Okay, I get the idea of going to your intended's parent(s) to ask for their blessing or permission to marry or whatever. It's old-fashioned and corny, but whatever. I guess it makes you look gallant or something. But literally asking "Can I have your daughter?" Seriously? Like how many goats are you offering in exchange? You're not saying "I would like your approval to ask your daughter to marry me," you're literally saying "would you please give me your daughter," like she's a used car or something.
And after that disturbing line, nothing else should really be a big deal, but "say yes, say yes, 'cause I need to know" makes no sense at all. If he says "yes," then you know. I f he says "no," then you also know. I f he says "it's not up to me, she's a grown woman and she can marry whomever she likes," then you know. I need to know is not a reason to say yes. It's a reason to give an answer - any answer. I don't know why that sticks in my craw, but it does.
5. It takes a lot of gall for FOX employees like Tucker Carlson and administration bullshitters like Kellyanne Conway to go around acting all outraged about Harvey Weinstein and to complain about Hillary Clinton's response to recent revelations about his predatory nature. Here's the rule: If you never condemned Bill O'Reilly, if you never denounced Roger Ailes, and if you voted for, support, and/or work for Donald "grab 'em by the p***sy" Trump, you can just shut the fuck up about Weinstein, about Hillary, about Ben Affleck, about anyone involved in this horrible story. Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up and don't ever presume to tell anyone else how they should react to these kind of shocking revelations. You have no credibility, you have no moral high ground, and you have no decency.
6. The same goes for Il Douche and any of jis minions who are trying to get Jemele Hill fired from ESPN. You scumbags welcomed Ted Fucking Nugent into the White House. You made him a guest of honor at the State of the Union after he referred to President Obama as a "sub-human mongrel" and a "worthless punk" who should suck on a machine gun. So you don't get to say ANYTHING about Jemele Hill, and you sure as hell don't get to complain about LeBron James calling Dolt 45 a "bum." Just shut the fuck up, you have nothing to say.
7. Mike Ditka is proof positive that NFL players risk severe brain damage.
8. Eminem is still a dick.