Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dick Cheney







Dick Cheney's memoirs should be published soon, so clear out some space on your bookshelf!


Right about here.





I'd been trying to ignore the Dick Cheney historical revisionism tour as much as possible. There's only so much of "we only used torture because we had to, and also it wasn't torture, and also what's so bad about torture?" I can take. But on the way home from work, I heard the latest doozy:

"If you're going to be engaged in a world conflict such as we are, such as the global war on terrorism, if you don't have a place where you can hold these people, your only other option is to kill them," Mr. Cheney said. "And we don't operate that way."

REALLY? That's your defense for Gitmo? "Hey, we could have just killed them!" Kidnappers everywhere can now look forward to using the Dick Cheney defense, "I didn't kill her, so what's the big deal?" Every time this son of a bitch opens his mouth, he goes to a new level of assholishness. How in the hell did we have this guy running, or co-running, or whatever, the country for 8 fucking years? You know, it's one thing for people to have voted Bush/Cheney in 2000, they may have seemed pretty harmless, but by 2004, everyone knew how destructive these guys were. Every time I see some moron asshole driving around with a Bush/Cheney '04 sticker proudly displayed next to his Jesus fish, I feel like my head's going to explode. Hey, idiot in the Hummer in front of me at the stoplight, are you actually proud of your vote? Do you actually believe that these two dirtbags did anything positive in the last 8 years? You should be scraping off those stickers, hanging your heads in shame and converting to Catholicism so you can be assigned penance. (I'm not Catholic, but I imagine penance must involve some flagellation. At least in this case.)

No comments: