Friday, January 31, 2014

Bad Ads - Chili's

So Chili's new campaign is based around the idea that "more life happens here" which seems to mean approximately nothing.





But beyond the silliness of the slogan, I have to wonder - how anxious am I supposed to be to go to your restaurant when you don't mention the food at all? Not a word about the food. Now, I've eaten at Chili's before, and I understand why you might want to downplay that food, but shouldn't you at least pretend you're serving something palatable? Because, I think you can look at a little girl's haircut or have an awkward first date at pretty much anywhere. So why am I going to your restaurant?
Trick question! I'm not.

2 comments:

jadedj said...

Yawn (not you...Chili's, aka, flatulent city).

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They're using similar ads here in Canada. I like their fajitas but that's about it.