Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Check This Out.

When I first saw this headline: Click here to find out more!

I thought, "Geez David Sirota, you're getting awfully worked up over a silly sci-fi TV show."

And when I read : Am I crazy or does this preview make the show seem like a not-so-subtle fringe-right-wing criticism of Obama and Obama followers?

I thought "Geez, David Sirota, you're starting to sound as bad as those nuts over at Newsbusters."

Then I watched the preview:



And I thought, "Geez, David Sirota, I owe you an apology. You were right on about this one."

In questioning Obama's citizenship and heritage, conservatives have always portrayed Obama as an alien visitor. They've also constantly implied that behind Obama's friendly veneer are sinister motives - and they seem to believe that while most of the public are gullible fools believing in Obama as a savior, they and their tea-party protestors see the "real truth" of those motives.

Read the whole article here.

"V" premiers tonight on ABC, check it out and see if David Sirota wasn't right.

1 comment:

jadedj said...

This reminds me of Arthur C. Clarke's novel, Childhood's End, published in 1953. The theme is the same, but in Childhood's End, the "overlords" arrive to assist man in it's next evolutionary step. At any rate, whomever thought this one up, did a bit of "copying". However, this seems far more sinister, and politically motivated. More than simple entertainment, methinks.